About Earth Heart Inc.
Earth Heart® has a long-standing reputation for designing effective natural remedies using plant-based ingredients that help dogs live happier, healthier lives.
Vicki Rae Thorne, certified aromatherapist and master herbalist, founded Earth Heart in 1996 to help others learn how to safely and effectively use herbs and essential oils as part of everyday life.
In 1999, Vicki was approached by a kennel owner who wanted help with calming her canine visitors. The dogs missed their families and felt anxious, agitated, angry or depressed. The formula now known as Canine Calm was developed to diffuse in the kennel, and it worked from day one! Kennel customers noticed that their dogs were calmer when they left the kennel, and didn’t fret so much when it was time to go back. And the kennel customers wanted to take that calm experience home with them.
Earth Heart mists are made in the USA, packaged in BPA free recyclable containers, easy to use, and can be sprayed directly onto cloth, skin or fur without staining or leaving a sticky residue. Feedback from dog lovers and professionals across the USA and Canada has shown that Earth Heart mists provide safe, easy, effective solutions for over 90% of dogs.
Earth Heart products have been given special recognition by top consumer and trade magazines, noted dog blog sites, radio programs, and more:
- Featured in pet trade magazines, including Pet Product News International, Veterinary Practice News, Pet Age, Groomer to Groomer, and Pet Business Magazine.
- Featured in many of the top consumer magazines, including Animal Wellness magazine, FIDO Friendly Magazine, Tails Inc., Dog Fancy, Modern Dog, Dogs Naturally Magazine, City Dog Magazine, Nashville Paw Magazine, AKC Family Dog, Natural Awakenings Pet, Lowcountry Dog Magazine, and more.
- Highlighted on noted dog blog sites, such as Raise A Green Dog, DogTipper.com, Animal Café & Co., Four Legged Life, Pets Weekly, Go Pet Friendly, Bark Buckle UP, Fidose of Reality, Doggies & Stuff, About.com, Champion of My Heart, Pet Health Examiner, Daily Kibble, Life With Dogs, Woof Woof Mama, Shaggy Dog Stories, Paw Prints The Magazine, and more.
- Interviewed for PackPeople.com, My Buddy Butch, Talkin’ with Pets, My Doggie Says, Animal Radio Network’s Travel Talk with Susan Sims, NuBowWow.com’s webinar series, and Chicago 101.1 FM’s Animal House radio show.
- Contributions or commissioned articles published in Animal Wellness Magazine, Boat Safe USA, Mission Pets e-zine, Pet Product News International, Pet Age, and Pet Business.
- Canine Calm named a 2010 FIDO Friendly Top 100 Best Dog Products, 2010 Tails Pet Magazine Staff Pick, 2011 City Dog Magazine Cool Spring Product, and 2012 Doggies & Stuff Best in Show.
- Travel Calm featured in Dog Fancy’s 2010 Travel issue, named a 2011 Nashville Paw Magazine Product Pick, highlighted at the 2011 New York Auto Show as part of a Bark Buckle Up Promotion, received both the 2012 Animal Wellness Stamp of Approval and Doggies & Stuff Best in Show.
- Guard Well named a 2010 FIDO Friendly Top 100 Best Dog Products and featured in Dog Fancy’s 2010 Senior Dog issue.
- Buzz Guard (released in May 2011) received the Animal Wellness Stamp of Approval in 2011 & 2012; named a 2011 Fave Find by Modern Dog Magazine, and Animal Café & FIDO Friendly Top Product; nominated for 2011 Pet Product News International Retailers' Top Pick Awards and 2013 Inventory Essential.
- Designated Trainer Proven Products for distribution through Pawmark’s online store, and Must-Have Summer Travel & Camping Gear by Canoe.ca Travel Magazine; received Pets Weekly Stamp of Approval; selected for the Raise a Green Dog Partner Program.
- Sponsorships include 2011 Burlington Pet Health Expo, 2011 Bark World Expo, Long Island Pet Professionals 2011 Pet Industry Business Networking & Seminar Day, 2011 & 2012 Animal World USA Weeks for the Animals, 2012 Fidose of Reality Cross Country Tour, 2012 GoToRovers.com 5K Fun Run/Walk for Pets, and 2013 Daily Kibble 26 Acts of Kindness.
- Professional memberships include Alliance for International Aromatherapists, American Herbalists Guild, Pet Industry Wholesalers, Women in the Pet Industry Network, and Natural Ingredients Resource Council.
- Nonprofit Partner Program: Giving back is a major part of the Earth Heart brand, providing donations to over 100 rescues, shelters and other charitable organizations, and a new Nonprofit Partner Program launched on Valentine’s Day 2012, providing dog-related organizations fundraising opportunities to help dogs in need.
Earth Heart products are currently offered by distributors and nearly 300 retailers throughout the US and Canada, and are now available in Australia and the US Virgin Islands.
Photo by The Courier-News Sun-Times Media